MW Creators

World News

Table For Care Was Born With Extension Of Permission To Have Children

Equality has convened for the first time for the next Monday the Advisory Board for Care , a body that will bring together institutional representatives, social agents and experts with the aim of implementing public policies of conciliation and joint responsibility. With the participation of fifty entities, the ministry hopes that at least “urgent measures” will be promoted in the two years remaining to exhaust the legislature.

“The main function of the table will be to draw up a roadmap so that the right to care is universal . It represents a milestone in the promotion of a normative development that recognizes it,” explained the director of the Institute for Women, Antonia Morillas, during the forum presentation. “Women have been very alone attending essential tasks for society to function. And not only have we done it invisibly, but it has also penalized us in other areas,” he added to defend that it is a system with feminist approach.

Morillas has advanced that they work with the objective that the base document with the main proposals is ready within a year “at the most.” But in parallel to the development of this white paper, Equality hopes to address issues that it considers pressing. Among them, the director of the Women’s Institute has cited the extension of paternity and maternity leave from four to six months, the increase in benefits for the care of minors, the regulation of leave of absence and ensuring flexible hours of work. Labor journeys.

In this package, the department headed by Irene Montero also includes the ratification of Convention 189 and 190 of the International Labor Organization to improve the working conditions of domestic workers and guarantee free education from 0 to 3 years. Faced with such historical claims, Morillas has indicated that they intend that “the table is the engine so that some things that are taking too long are accelerated “.

Co-Responsible Plan
Another of the tasks that Equality considers urgent is the reinforcement of the Co-Responsible Plan, whose main purpose is the establishment of a public network of childcare providers. Asked about the evolution of this program ratified in April , Alba González, an adviser to the ministry, has assured that the autonomies have already received 75% of the 190 million that were granted to them . Delivery of the remaining 25% will take place throughout October.

“We women have been very alone, taking care of essential tasks for society to function. And it has penalized us in other areas”
“We will have data shortly. It is being carried out by the communities. Some have started now although others did it before the summer,” González said. Among the latter are Extremadura , which promoted a network of rural toy libraries, or Castilla-La Mancha , which has already transferred funds to its municipalities for the accreditation of professional skills acquired through experience or “non-formal ways”.

Very diverse entities
The Advisory Board for Care will be chaired by Montero and together with Equality will participate in it ” the ministries that have some competence in care policies .” Namely, Social Rights and the 2030 Agenda, Labor and Social Economy, Inclusion, Social Security and Migrations, and Education and Professional Training. Among the 52 attendees confirmed so far are also CC OO, UGT, CEOE and CEPYME, and organizations such as Malas Madres, the Federation of Rural Women’s Associations (Fademur), the Spanish Alzheimer’s Confederation (Ceafa), the Union of Associations of Autonomous Workers and Entrepreneurs (Uatae) or the General Council of Psychology (COP).

“There are 52 representatives from very diverse fields, which shows the interest that the possibility of being able to address care policies in a non-fragmented way has aroused,” said Laura Gómez, also an Equality advisor. On the list, which may grow, are also international organizations such as the European Institute for Gender Equality or the OECD.

Both through plenaries and smaller working groups, the members of the table will be in charge of the design of measures and the monitoring and evaluation after their implementation. Measures referring to cross-cutting issues that include care for children, care for the elderly and dependents, labor and conciliation issues and the co-responsibility of these tasks between men and women and with the involvement of the State.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *